The U.S. Embassy Belmopan City, Belize assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the following persons or firms. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department of State or the U.S. Embassy Belmopan. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information in the list on professional credentials, areas of expertise and language ability are provided directly by the lawyers; the Embassy is not in a position to vouch for such information. You may receive additional information about the individuals on the list by contacting the local bar association at 501 223-2030.
Notarial Services are available to anyone (regardless of citizenship). They are executed by Consular officers. Documents can only be notarized in the presence of a consular officer. We generally do not legalize documents for private use in Belize. For notarial services from the U.S. Embassy you must make an appointment.
Services that are not performed at the U.S. Embassy.
- Authentication of U.S. state-issued documents (e.g. birth, marriage, death certificates). Please contact the consular section if you need contact information for US state government authorities.
- Authentication of Belize-issued documents (e.g. birth, marriage, death certificates). Please contact the relevant Belize authority.
- Translation of documents
- Authentication of U.S. academic credentials
- Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support)
Documents that are notorized by the U.S. Embassy.
- Real estate documents
- Powers of attorney
- Forms for U.S. courts
- True copies of the W7 form (only)
- Saving bonds
Please note: Appointments must be scheduled on line; they cannot be scheduled by telephone.
US$ 50 Each seal
US$ 50 Certification of a True copy
US$ 1 Each photocopy
Please contact the consular section with any additional questions.
Request an appointment for notary services.