U.S. Embassy Administrative Assistant - Vacancy Announcement No. 2012-009
The United States Embassy Belmopan has an opening for an Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will be required to obtain a security clearance and undergo a medical examination.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides a wide range of administrative assistance and office clerical support to the Facility Maintenance Section. This includes answering phones, facilitating compound access, drafting cables, letters and other correspondence, preparing reports, and scheduling appointments.
• Coordinates support activities for the section, including but not limited to procurement, supplies management, budget preparation, project support and coordinating logistics for temporary duty employees.
For more information, please see the full Position Description.
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• Two years of progressively responsible secretarial, clerical, or administrative management experience is required.
• Level IV (Fluent Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel is required.
• Knowledge of office and file management procedures is required.
• Ability to type at least 35 words per minute is required. This will be tested.
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applicant must be eligible for appointment under Belize’s local laws. Applicant must be resident in the country at the time the application is submitted, and be in possession of a Belize social security card valid for employment and/or a resident/work permit.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must submit the following in order to be considered for the position.
2. A current résumé or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the DS-0174; plus
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
Application forms must be sent as follows:
U. S. Embassy
#4 Floral Park Road
Vacancy Announcement: No. 2012-009
Please include the vacancy announcement number on the envelope and provide a return address. Applications submitted for previous vacancies cannot be applied to these vacancies. The deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday, April 10, 2012. Applications will not be accepted after April 10, 2012.